San Jorge Children's Medical Office Building 252 Calle San Jorge Suite 501 San Juan, PR 00912
Dr. Carlos González Aquino, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Carlos González Aquino is a board-certified otolaryngologist specializing in pediatric care at San Jorge Children’s Hospital, where he has practiced since 1990. In addition to his private practice, Dr. González-Aquino also holds teaching appointments as a professor and the chairman of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine.
Dr. González-Aquino received his medical degree from the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, and completed his residency training in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center in Colorado, where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. González Aquino also completed a pleted a fellowship in Pediatric Otolaryngology at Pittsburgh Children’s Hospital.
Dedicated to his profession and the medical community, Dr. González-Aquino is involved with several professional organizations, including:
• Fellow-American Laryngological, Rhinological and Otological Society
• Member-Pan-American Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
• Member-Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Section, Puerto Rico Medical Association
• Member-Society of University Otolaryngologists
• Fellow-American College of Surgeons
• Member-American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
• Fellow-Society of Military Otolaryngologists
• Fellow-Society of Ear, Nose and Throat Advances in Children
• Fellow-American Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
• Member-American Medical Association
• Dr. González-Aquino has also held many elected positions in these organizations throughout his practice history, including currently serving on the Board of Governors of the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
His work has also been published in several book chapters and peer-reviewed journals, and Dr. González-Aquino currently serves as a member of the International Editorial Board for The Laryngoscope, an Otolaryngology journal.
In his spare time, Dr. González-Aquino enjoys playing golf and tennis, and spending time with his wife and three sons.